1. Check out the weather at The Weather Channel
Record daily temperature, barometric pressure, and check out the forecast.
Keep charts; evaluate TWC predictions;
Make your own predictions
2. Compare the weather information and forecasts of TWC with Intellicast and Weather Underground -
Groups can keep records and make comparisons among the three.
3. Collect data about sunrise, twilight start and end times, sunset,
and solar noon for each day. Graph the results as a class or a group. Information is available at:
(You input the name of your community or your airport and the date.)
4. Moon Phases - Follow the changing moon phases
Check the moon phase for your birthday -
Make posters to report to the rest of the class what the current phase is.
5. Daily Almanac - This Day in History,Today's Word,Current US population
6. Current News - current events; classroom radio/tv broadcasts
Compare stories each magazine has selected for the week
Time for Kids - http://www.timeforkids.com/
Weekly Reader - http://www.weeklyreader.com/
Scholastic Magazine - http://www.scholastic.com/kids/stacks/index.asp
SI For Kids - http://www.sikids.com/
Concord Monitor - http://www.concordmonitor.com/
Boston Globe - http://www.bostonglobe.com/
CNN - http://www.cnn.com and http://www.cnn.com/studentnews/
Back to Mrs. Mitchell's Virtual
This page was developed by Kathi Mitchell
and was last updated on August 8, 2012.