and the Pilgrims
- Activities -
Who are the Wampanoag?
Boston Children's Museum - http://02c3d27.netsolhost.com/educators/wampanoag/
2. Pilgrim Facts - Who were the Pilgrims? - What was the Mayflower?
Design a poster that compares the two groups of people and how they are similar.
A Mayflower and Pilgrim Cyberhunt from Gail Hennessey
and Learning in the 17th Century
Create a compare/contrast map with today's children
Century Clothing for the Wampanoag and the English -
Make paper dolls or clothespin dolls with the appropriate outfits for each group
5. Read about the "first Thanksgiving". Make a list of myths and facts
using the information on this page. Then participate in the "You Are the Historian" online activity.
6. Building A Home - read about Wampanoag and colonist houses.
Make a sketch of each and add some details that are mentioned in the text.
7. Make a menu of the Wampanoag and English foods listed at this link.
Growing Food - Wampanoag and Pilgrims
Recipes to try
Virtual Tour of Plimoth Plantation and another tour Plimoth Plantation
Virtual tour of the Mayflower
About the Mayflower
Maps and a timeline
9. The Pilgrim Hall Museum - http://www.pilgrimhall.org/museum.htm
10. Wampanoag sites -
Back to Mrs.
Mitchell's Virtual School
This page was created by Kathi Mitchell
and was last updated on November 14, 2012
Teachers' Guide for Plimoth
Graphics - http://www.ens-newswire.com/ ens/pics25/pilgrims.gif
Midi - http://www.night.net/thanksgiving/s-come-ye.html-ssi