Just who is Mrs. Mitchell?
Skidmore College - B.A. English major with education minor
UNH Conversion Program - elementary education certification
Boston University - M.S. reading and language arts
New Hampshire-certified experienced elementary educator
Kimball School in Concord, NH grades 5 and 6 for 33 years
Technology Rep for Kimball School
Member of the NHEON team
National Geographic Summer Geography Institute 1991
1. I believe that all people -students and teachers alike- can do more than we think we can. When we are "stretched" or "pushed" to do more, we find that we can rise to the challenge every time. High expectations and goals help us all reach new heights of learning.
2. I believe that all students/teachers are learners throughout their lives. It isn't a matter of memorizing endless factoids, but rather is the opportunity to learn more about the world we inhabit. We need to have an in-depth understanding of many subjects and the ways that they interrelate.
3. Encouragement and praise are essential parts of the learning process but they are to be earned.
4. Students and teachers are teammates in the learning process.
5. Hard work can be fun and exciting.
6. A sense of humor is an absolutely necessary part of the learning process.
This web page:
This web site is designed for students and teachers to find information and ideas. It is a place to learn about various topics that may be part of the school curriculum. Teachers and students can find ideas for projects, lesson plans from all over the world, and suggested activities and hotlists. It is also a place for student work to be displayed (see the explorer poems and the word games that my former Kimball School students created). Basically I have collected links that I thought were great and felt that my students would both benefit from and enjoy the sites selected.